This Limited Warranty is a voluntary manufacturer’s warranty. Your rights under this Limited Warranty are in addition to your legal rights as a consumer.
RSD Bikes are sold Consumer Direct and through some bicycles dealers. RSD Bikes provides each original purchaser of a new RSD bicycle, RSD frameset or RSD fork a limited warranty against manufacturer’s defects in materials and/or workmanship as follows:
- 2015 and earlier – RSD Frames on complete bicycles and framesets have a 2 years warranty to the original owner only (excluding parts and components) as long as such person has an original receipt with their name on it.
- 2016 and later – RSD Frames on complete bicycles and framesets have a lifetime warranty to the original owner only (excluding parts and components) as long as such person has an original receipt with their name on it.
- RSD Aluminum or Carbon Forks supplied as part of a complete bike or purchased on its own are warrantied 1 year to the original owner only (excluding parts and components) as long as such person has an original receipt with their name on it.
Suspension attachment points, suspension related equipment (including pivot points, chain stays, seat stays, shock links and fasteners) have a Lifetime warranty to the original owner for any manufacturer’s defects, which does not include normal wear and tear, such as bearings and bushings.
All components attached to the bicycle/frameset, which are not manufactured by RSD Bikes, but only included with the original purchase, such as, but not limited to, saddle, front suspension forks, rear shocks, wheels, drive train, brakes, seat post or Dropper Post, crank-set, handlebar and stem or any other components are warrantied for 1 year from the date of purchase from each respective manufacturer. It excludes all accessories, but not limited to, such as racks, bags or trailer hitches.
Some branded equipment and co-branded suspension equipment may have additional warranty coverage offered by the specific manufacturer.
The Limited Warranty is conditional upon the bicycle being operated under normal conditions and use, and properly maintained.
RSD Bikes recommends that your bicycle be assembled and cared for by a professional, such as a local bicycle dealer/shop.
To exercise the rights under this Limited Warranty, pictures of the damages and/or defects, as well as the serial number, which is located underneath the bottom bracket, must be taken in clear daylight and in focus, and must be emailed together with a proof of purchase showing the purchaser name, which should match the name of the person claiming a warranty.
Based on approval, RSD Bikes will request that the damaged or defective item be sent back for inspection or be disposed under specific guidelines. For the purpose of inspection, the cost of shipping the item back to RSD must be paid by the person claiming the warranty.
The damaged or defective item will be repaired or replaced, at RSD Bikes’ sole option. Be aware that an exact warranty replacement may not be possible, in which case we will replace it with the closest matching item as may be possible. A warranty item has no monetary value.
The original owner shall pay all labour charges connected with the repair or replacement of all parts. Under no circumstances does this Limited Warranty include the cost of travel or shipment to RSD Bikes. Such costs, if any, shall be borne by the original owner.
Every RSD bicycle, RSD frameset and RSD aluminum & carbon fork have a useful product life cycle. Nonstandard use, including without limitation, use in competitive events, jumping, aggressive riding, riding with heavy loads, can dramatically shorten the useful product life cycle of a RSD bicycle or frameset. In addition, exposure of the product to humid, warm, ocean conditions and/or exposure to salinity (whether from salt water, sweat, salinity in the air) is likely to cause corrosion of the product and will shorten the product life cycle. You are advised to clean your product regularly to avoid such corrosion.
ALL RSD BICYCLES AND FRAMESETS SHOULD BE PERIODICALLY CHECKED BY A DEALER/LOCAL BICYCLE SHOP for indicators of stress, potential problems, inappropriate use or abuse.
This Limited Warranty applies only to the original owner and is not transferable. This Limited Warranty does not apply to:
- Normal wear and tear. Wear and tear parts (as listed below) are subject to damage as a result of normal use, failure to service according to your local bike shops’ recommendations and/or riding or installation in conditions or applications other than recommended.
- Damage or failure due to accident, collision, crash, misuse, abuse, or neglect.
- Damage or failure when using any add-on equipment, but not limited to, such as e-bike accessories, including mid-drive, front drive or rear drive motors, any batteries whether it’s a pedal assist, drive assist, or any assist, racks, fenders, trailers, child seats or any accessories whether it was bolted on or fixed.
- Improper assembly or installation.
- Improper alteration or installation of components, parts or accessories not originally intended for or compatible with the RSD bicycle as sold.
- Failure to perform maintenance or service at appropriate intervals supported by records of such maintenance.
- RSD bicycles that have been physically altered or modified in any degree.
- RSD bicycles not purchased new.
- RSD bicycles purchased through an Unauthorized source.
Wear and Tear items include, but not limited to:
Disc Brakes or pads
Shifter and brake cables housings
Bearings and Bushings
Freehubs and pawls
Handlebar grips & grip tape
THIS IS A FULL AND COMPLETE STATEMENT OF RSD BIKES’ LIMITED WARRANTY. RSD BIKES DOES NOT AUTHORIZE OR ALLOW ANYONE, INCLUDING ITS AUTHORIZED DEALERS, TO EXTEND ANY OTHER WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, FOR OR ON BEHALF OF RSD BIKES. NO OTHER REPRESENTATION, AND NO STATEMENT OF ANYONE BUT RSD BIKES, INCLUDING A DEMONSTRATION OF ANY KIND BY ANYONE, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY REGARDING THIS BICYCLE OR FRAMESET. IT IS AGREED THAT RSD BIKES’ LIABILITY UNDER THIS LIMITED WARRANTY SHALL TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW BE NO GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT OF THE ORIGINAL PURCHASE PRICE AND IN NO EVENT SHALL RSD BIKES BE LIABLE FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, LOSSES THAT WERE NOT FORESEEABLE TO RSD BIKES AT THE DATE OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY, LOSSES NOT CAUSED BY BREACH OF THIS LIMITED WARRANTY BY RSD BIKES, BUSINESS LOSSES OR LOSSES TO NON-CONSUMERS. THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY DOES NOT EXCLUDE LIABILITY FOR DEATH OR PERSONAL INJURY CAUSED BY RSD BIKES’ NEGLIGENCE.
This warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights, which vary from country to country. If any provision is found unenforceable, only that provision shall be stricken and all others shall apply. Some states, provinces or jurisdictions do not allow limitation on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. Some states, provinces or jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
For questions concerning warranty issues, customers can contact RSD Bikes at:
284 Wildcat Rd
Toronto, ON. M3J2N5
Tel: (416) 773-0030
We also welcome constructive feedback. Please send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
This document is subject to change at anytime without prior notice.