PART I: COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
The Personal Information of Other Individuals
To browse our Website, place product orders or establish an account, we may collect the following personal information:
- Full name;
- Mailing address;
- Billing Address;
- Email address;
- Phone number;
- Payment information;
- Comments, feedback, reviews and other information you upload or provide to the Website;
- Internet protocol (“IP”) address;
- Website statistics and analytics data regarding your use of the Website;
- Other types of raw data relating to how you interact with the Website, for example, your browser information and session duration; and
- All other information you voluntarily provide on our Website or in your correspondence with us.
Although we may display or link to their payment forms on our Website, when you provide your payment details in connection with the Website, you are providing them to the applicable payment processor. You acknowledge that our third-party payment processors may have their own agreements which apply to you. While we will not have access to your entire credit or debit card number, we may be able to bill your card and may have access to certain card and payment details such as the name on your card, address, and card expiration date. If you have questions regarding our payment processor, please contact us.
PART II: THE USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We do not sell personal information to third-parties. However, we may use personal information to:
- Facilitate the operation of the Website, including facilitating ordering our products;
- Bill and collect money owed to us;
- Verify your contact information;
- Provide user support or to support and improve our Website;
- Communicate with you about your account or products we offer;
- Send or display informational and promotional materials. You may unsubscribe from such communications at any time by following the unsubscribe links in each email from us;
- Pursue available legal remedies to us and to prosecute or defend a court, arbitration or similar proceeding;
- To meet legal requirements or seek legal advice from a lawyer in connection with your use of our Website or products; and
- To enforce compliance with our Terms and applicable laws, rules and regulations.
PART III: THE DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
Sharing Personal Information and Content if Required by Law
We may share personal information and any content collected, uploaded or provided to us if required by law, such as in response to a subpoena, court order or other legal process in any jurisdiction. If we are required by law to make any disclosure of your personal information or content, we may, but are not obligated to, provide you with written notice of such disclosure, if permitted by law.
Sharing Personal Information to Cooperate with Investigations and Law Enforcement
Absent a court order, subpoena or other legal requirement to disclose personal information or content in our possession or control, you agree that we may also share personal information and content you upload or which is associated with your account to cooperate with law enforcement authorities in the investigation of any criminal matter.
Sharing Personal Information with Third-Party Providers
Our suppliers, partners, independent contractors (collectively “Third-Party Providers”) and/or employees, may have access to, or be shared personal information, or personally identifiable information to use in connection with one or more of the purposes for which the information was collected.
Our Third-Party Providers may have access to personal information in providing services to us, or providing you with access to the Website or Service. We may use a variety of Third-Party Providers in order to host our Website and Service and facilitate their ordinary use, including for example, hosting servers which store personal information.
- Our email, web and data hosting providers include Sherweb Inc. together with their affiliated entities worldwide. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://www.sherweb.com/legal/privacy/;
- Our Website platform technology provider includes Automattic Inc. and their affiliated and related entities worldwide, who are the provider of WooCommerce. For more information on their privacy practices please see https://automattic.com/privacy/; and
- We use various shipping companies, logistics providers and carriers. Please contact us for details on the shipping provider used in connection with your order.
We also use Google LLC together with their affiliated entities worldwide, in order to use Google Analytics. For details, visit https://analytics.google.com/analytics/web/.
We may update the above list of Third-Party Providers from time-to-time as our Website and products continue to evolve. Third-Party Providers may have their own agreements and privacy policies on the collection and use of personal information which either we or you provide them.
Your Personal Information May Not Be Stored in Canada
As we may have servers, Third-Party Providers, employees and other parties we share your personal information with in locations both inside and outside of Canada, your personal information may become subject to foreign laws and foreign legal proceedings.
European General Data Protection Regulation
Our privacy practices intend to meet the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation of the European Union (“GDPR”). As a company that may process the personal information of persons who reside in or who are citizens of the European Union (a “European person”), we have implemented technical and organizational measures to meet the GDPR’s requirements and protect the personal information of European persons. Our technical measures to protect personal information take into account current technology available and the costs of implementing that technology in addition to the nature, scope, context and purposes of the personal information collected and processed. If you have any questions about our technical and organizational measures to meet the GDPR requirements, please contact us.
If you provide us with personal information from European persons, you represent and warrant to us that your personal information collection and storage procedures comply, at all times, with the GDPR. To the extent you provide us with, or, have our Website process any personal information of a European person, you further represent that you have obtained informed consent to transfer their information, internationally, to us. If such consent is subsequently revoked, you agree to inform us immediately. Provided we are a company registered and operating in Canada, you agree and acknowledge that your personal information will be accessed by us in Canada, although it may be stored with Third Party Providers in locations both in and outside of Canada.
Sharing Personal Information if Our Business, Website or Service is Acquired
We may share personal information with our successors (if our business, the Website or Service are acquired by another legal entity) or any assignee of our assets relating to the Website and Service. Disclosure in such circumstances is governed by the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act, SC 2000, c 5 in Canada.
Disclaimer and Warning About Sharing Personal Information Online
YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT WHEN SHARING PERSONAL INFORMATION ONLINE, THERE IS ALWAYS A RISK OF DATA BREACHES, INCLUDING DATA BREACHES IN WHICH THIRD PARTIES UNLAWFULLY ACCESS OUR SYSTEMS, OR THE SYSTEMS OF OUR THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS, WHICH STORE PERSONAL INFORMATION.
WHILE WE TAKE MEASURES TO PROTECT PERSONAL INFORMATION, YOU AGREE THAT, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL WE, OUR AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, SHAREHOLDERS, EMPLOYEES, CONTRACTORS, AGENTS, THIRD-PARTY PROVIDERS OR LICENSORS BE LIABLE, HOWSOEVER CAUSED, INCLUDING BY WAY OF NEGLIGENCE, FOR THE LOSS OR THEFT OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR ANY DAMAGES CAUSED AS A RESULT THEREOF, SO LONG AS WE WERE NOT DIRECTLY AND GROSSLY NEGLIGENT IN THE PROTECTION OF SAID INFORMATION.
Retention of Your Personal Information
We keep your personal information for as long as it is required for the purpose for which it was collected. There is no single retention period applicable to the various types of personal information collected. Please contact us if you would like to delete any personal information we hold about you following the termination of your account on our Website or the completion of any product orders.
What are Cookies?
Cookies are small text files sent to and automatically downloaded by your web browser (assuming you have cookies enabled) when you visit our Website. A cookie file is stored in your web browser and allows our Website and Third-Party Providers we use to recognize you, track your activity across our and other websites and is usually used in conjunction with logging your IP address.
Cookies can be “persistent” or “session” cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your computer (in your browser files) or mobile device when you go offline, while session cookies are deleted as soon as you close your web browser.
Can you delete Cookies once downloaded?
Most web browsers also permit you to delete cookies. This is typically done via your web browser’s settings, which vary depending on which web browser you use.
For example, cookies are used in connection with our use of Google LLC’s Google Analytics. For more information on Google Analytics and how cookies are used by Google Analytics, see Google LLC’s information page at https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/analyticsjs/cookie-usage.
- Remember choices you have made on the Website, such as your language of preference or region;
- Remembering your username; or
- Target advertising or to customize advertising across various websites (not just our own) and make such advertisements more relevant to you.